The field of restorative dentistry focuses on restoring health and function to patients with severely damaged or missing teeth. Our goal is to ensure that our patients feel comfortable with their smiles while being able to chew properly, speak clearly, and smile confidently. Our office in Jacksonville, FL has been improving patients’ lives for years through our restorative dentistry services; we do this by truly listening to the patient’s concerns and fostering a connection with them to ensure they feel supported.
If you’re seeking quality restorative dental care with a team you can trust, we encourage you to contact us today and make an appointment.
A crown is a type of dental restoration that is custom-created to encapsulate a tooth. Crowns can be used to restore strength to teeth that have been damaged due to decay or injury; they may also be used to enhance the appearance of a tooth that appears imperfect.
This type of restoration allows patients to save the natural tooth by protecting it within the durable, secure prosthesis. In order for the crown to fit properly and blend with the surrounding teeth, the natural tooth must be reduced in size. After preparing the tooth, the following steps will be taken:
- Impressions Taken of Prepared Tooth
- Temporary Crown Provided to Patient
- Permanent Crown Created for Patient
- Application of Permanent Crown
Once the permanent crown has been cemented into place, it will last for many years with proper care and maintenance. During routine checkups, we will check the crown and inform the patient if replacement is necessary.
Dental implants are used to replace a missing tooth and restore aesthetic and function to the patient’s mouth. Implants are composed of three parts: the post, the abutment, and the custom-made crown.
- The post is implanted into the jawbone to replace the natural tooth root. This provides stimulation to the jawbone and also holds the restoration securely in place.
- The abutment is a connecting piece that allows the crown to be securely attached to the implant post.
- The crown is custom-made to match the color and size of the surrounding teeth. This will be secured to the abutment to complete the restoration.
The process of restoring a tooth with an implant is divided into two separate phases, both offered at our office.
- Implant placement is the initial step, which includes the surgical placement of the post into the jawbone. Once the implant is healed, the abutment is connected to the post.
- Implant restoration includes the fabrication and attachment of a custom-created crown. For patients that already have an implant and abutment, the crown is needed to complete the dental restoration.
For patients with multiple missing teeth, or a full arch of missing teeth, implant-supported dentures are a suitable option. Traditional dentures have a reputation for being uncomfortable and unreliable, frequently slipping out of place or creating friction on the gums. Implant-supported dentures eliminate these issues and keep the patient’s jawbone healthy and strong. More benefits of implant-supported dentures include:
- No More Messy Adhesive
- Secure, Stable Hold
- Increased Bite Force
- Improved Self-Confidence
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is a therapy often utilized in medical practices to advance healing time and promote rapid recovery from surgical procedures. In dentistry, this treatment can support healing gum and bone tissue after implant placement. PRP is a material derived directly from the patient’s blood; after taking a small sample, the blood is placed in a centrifuge so that the plasma can be isolated. This is stored and utilized in the patient’s surgery to expedite the recovery process.
Offering Only the Best to Our Patients
When you visit our office for restorative treatment, you can feel confident that you will be provided with the highest quality care and services. Our team truly cares about our patients, and we make sure that your experience with us is excellent.
We treat each patient like family and develop our treatment plans based on their needs and goals, with the intent of exceeding their expectations. We do this through advanced technology, high-quality services, and exceptional communication. Join our dental family at Dr. Matt Henry’s practice and let us introduce you to the oral health care you deserve! Call today to book your first appointment.